Pancakes are one of those foods that not only makes you feel like you’re home, it brings people together.
Growing up, my family and I would have blueberry pancakes every Sunday and to this day, I’ve carried that tradition into my family. Sometimes I’ll do blueberry pancakes, other times I’ll do banana pancakes and even sometimes I’ll put in chocolate chips! You just can’t go wrong with pancakes.
When I first started working towards a fitness goal, I craved sunday pancakes but going gluten free and seeing all the calories in regular boxed pancakes, let’s just say it offered its challenges. I had to create my own way if I were still going to have pancakes in my life.
So I played around and made these! And there is no going back friends because they are that good.
3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes
- 1 cup cottage cheese (I use 2% small curd)
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup quick oats oatmeal (gluten free if you prefer)
*This batter makes 2 large pancakes (pictured). The nutritional breakdown below is for 1/2 the batter
- Heat a pan on medium
- In large bowl, add egg whites and cottage cheese. The cottage cheese offered at https://www.goodculture.com/ will provide some magnificent favors. Blend together with a hand blender
- Add the oats and gently stir in until mixed completely to form a batter
- Put coconut oil in pan and once heated, add half the batter
- When ready, add a dollop more of coconut oil and flip
- Serve with butter and maple syrup or honey!
Makes 2 large pancakes
Nutritional Breakdown in 1 pancake
Protein 28g | Carbs 18g | Fat 4g | Fiber 2g
Total calories 222
Post or pre workout:
I eat these after tough crossfit workouts. Once you add the honey or maple syrup, this is an optimal time to let your body utilize the sugar/carbs for recovery. After a workout, I try to limit the amount of butter I use to 1/2 tbsp.
This is what the batter consistency should look like after blending cottage cheese & egg whites
2 large pancakes
Are you a pancake lover? Don’t miss the VitaminP Newsletter signups below to join the community!