Last week, I was shopping in our local health food market and there it was, a beautiful Himalayan Salt Lamp.
The first time I laid eyes on one in person.
I bought it along with a salt bowl and even though I didn’t know much about salt lamps at the time, I’m glad I followed my instincts on this one because I am not disappointed!
I wanted to shed some light (wink) on what salt lamps are all about and their benefits. They’re pretty fascinating and even if you don’t believe in the properties below, I think we could both agree that just the calmness of a glowing lamp is enough to make you want one for your home!
Let’s talk about the benefits of having a salt lamp.
BENEFITS OF SALT LAMPS
- Salt lamps, when heated, create negative ions that benefit our health
- Can be bought as a living energy source which emits a healthy glow; brings healing energy from the earth
- They seek to balance a person’s energy wherever it is lacking: physical, spiritual, emotional or mental
- Can purify and neutralize the air and can benefit asthma and allergy sufferers
- Can increase mood & alertness
- Can decrease stress
Not sure where to get one? I’ve got you covered, here are 5 awesome salt lamps to get you started! You can pick one today and have it in two days at your doorstep.
5 Himalayan Salt Lamps For Your Homespace
- Pastel Pink Himilayan Salt Lamp from Target | $28.99
- Pyramid Salt Lamp | $39.99
- Obelisk Salt Lamp | $17.99
- Round Salt Lamp | $25
- Salt Lamp Votive Candle Holder | $9
I turn my salt lamp on in the morning during my morning ritual time, sometimes leave it on during the day and at night turn it on when I start winding down. The glow, similar to a strand of colored Christmas lights, really relaxes me.
If you don’t have one, I highly recommend getting one. Not only are they super affordable and mood enhancers, I think you’d be hard-pressed to find one person in your home who wouldn’t also love it.
Unless they don’t like pretty glowy things that is!
Do you have a salt lamp and what benefits have you noticed from having it in your space?