In La Casa, you can do this.
All you need:
- 1 Kettlebell 10-15lb recommended (10 for beginners) or Dumbbell substitute OR start with bodyweight
- Mat or Carpet
….1 after the other, rest 1 minute ONLY at end of circuit. Repeat 2 more times, total of 3 times. *See form ques to right of exercise
- 15 Body Squats *sit back on heels so toes almost come up off ground, keep chest up, inhale way down, exhale up
- 20 single leg lunges with kb in opposite hand *take wider steps to hit glutes, shorter to hit quads (choose your poison)
- 20 single leg lunges with kb in other hand and leading with other foot
- 10 push planks on mat or carpet *begin in plank form on forearms, one arm at a time, push up on your wrists, DON’T sway hips, keep core tight
- 10 cossack squats with kb in hands per side *see video demo of me performing them here. beginners, this is tough on glutes, if this is tough for you, it’s an excellent way to know you should work your tush more! Most people do need more glute training, so don’t feel weak, bad or down about it if it’s tough. Also see picture demos below to show form.
- 20 alternating plank leg crossovers *start in a plank on hands, keep butt level with rest of body, one leg at a time, cross your knee over to opposite side of body and then switch legs
- 20 kettlebell swings
- 15 squats with kb in both hands, arms bent *keep chest up always while squatting, sit back on your heels
- 15 reverse crunches on mat *form here
- If you’re really feeling fierce, add in 1/4 mile jog at moderate pace
Rest 1 minute, repeat 2 more times.
COSSACK SQUATS…SIT BACK ON HEELS AND KEEP CHEST UP
PLANK LEG CROSSOVERS
THE METHOD TO MY MADNESS AT HOME:
GET A LARGE MIRROR, RECYCLED OR A BEHIND THE DOOR CHEAP MIRROR AND PUT IT UP IN YOUR WORKOUT
SPACE SO YOU CAN SEE YOURSELF AS YOU SQUAT OR RUN, IT HAS ALWAYS HELPED ME TO ***FOCUS ON ***ME & WHAT I’M DOING
VS. THE PAIN. GET FIERCE!!!