I remember the first Baked Oatmeal Recipes I ever came out with, circa 2011, when I really started catching my healthy living stride! There was the Apple Cinnamon and Banana Walnut (my favorite) and they were a snack I would eat everywhere: on the go, traveling, pre-workout, post workout and I’d even take them over to my mom’s house for Sunday breakfast for the family. Over the past couple of years, I have been both following plans and rebeling against plans and now am in a place where I want to be healthy, balanced and happy. And that brings me back to the start of my Fierce Forward movement, when I was baking these yummy, healthy snacks and running.
In other news, I’m excited to share an announcement with you this Friday, here on the blog! For now, I’d love to hear from you: what is your favorite go-to healthy snack, share the recipe in comments below! And if you love this Recipe, please tag me and let me know how it was. I couldn’t keep my fork out of the pan, I’m sure you’ll feel the same. Enjoy!
Follow Fierce Forward for Motivation, Inspiration and how to be healthy, happy and fierce!
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 tbsp melted coconut butter
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take a square pan and spray olive or coconut oil spray in pan to prevent sticking
- Place all dry ingredients together and mix. Add eggs, milk and butter and rest of liquid ingredients and stir
- Place mixture in pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
“Food is fuel, not therapy.”