Fierce Forward has grown into a Community of Fierce Women who are growing, connecting with one another, fiercely moving through challenges, overcoming fears, choosing positivity and fiercing forward. This Fierce Woman Interview Series is an Interview with a Fierce Sister that has made huge progress in her Life and truly, lives a Fierce Life! It is my pleasure to introduce you to Kylie Foreman.
I have a mild form of Cerebral Palsy. My life like everybody else’s has been a constant ebb and flow and more times than not it has been a battle to recognize (especially in my childhood and teenage years) that my disability did not and would not define who I am or what I cando.
Then I met my beautiful husband Martin (who has Spina bifda and is in a wheelchair) and he was at the other end of the spectrum with the attitude of ” I’m a man in a wheelchair feel sorry for me.” With a fierce determination to break him out of that head space, I made it my objective to show him what life could be like and all the amazing and beautiful things that we could share. Today 8 years later, with 6 years of being happily happily married we, as a couple, are
fiercing forward together and enjoying all the wonderful things that life has to offer.
Individually we are disabled at different ends of the spectrum, together our disabilities neither define us or stop us. Yes there are a lot of hospital appointments for Martin and I have to work a little emotionally harder to keep his anxiety levels at bay at times but there is also a lots of love and laughter as well. I think that is why I post in FF regularly, because when I am working to keep Martin grounded the group has the ability to keep me grounded. And its the same with the Armor I wear it (mostly on hospital days) and its like I am carrying the whole community on my wrist so that I don’t feel alone.
1. Where do you live? Brisbane, Australia
2. Are you married or in a relationship? If so,how long? I am married to my beautiful husband Martin for 6 years
3. How long have you been following Fierce Forward? I found Fierce Forward in 2012
4. What is your favorite thing about Fierce Forward? That we are a sisterhood of strength, courage and love
5. What is your favorite inspiration quote or mantra you repeat to yourself to work through the tough times? We are all broken that’s how the light gets in ~Ernest Hemmingway
6. How do you overcome your challenges? Break them into manageable 5 task to list items without looking at the whole picture all at once
7. What is your favorite piece of armor and why? Grounded followed closely by Faith
8. If you could have dinner with 3 people past/present who would they be? Bono from U2, Maya Angelou, Nelson Mandela
9. What is your favorite workout? Running at the moment
10. What does Fierce Forward mean to you? It means a lot of things, Being a full time carer for my husband can feel very very isolating at times and highly emotional with his ongoing health issues. But it means that I have an amazing support network outside of my offline support network. A place where I can breakdown and feel supported with judgement
11. Do you have a favorite female role model? I don’t have a particular female role model that stands out but there are women that inspire me
12. What fierce goal are you looking to rock in 2016? Creating a more fierce life for myself, being more social where I can, taking more photos and not being afraid to make videos and posting them on We Are Fierce Forward
13. What have you accomplished recently that you were hesitant about? Losing 10 kilos. Something just clicked and I knew it was time to do something for me
14. What is your favorite color? Light blue
A big shout out to Kylie for being such a big light in Life and a strong influence to her husband to be positive and to Fierce Forward, togethere!