Friday’s Favorite Things
I was at the grocery store today standing in line and there she was, Oprah smiling at me with arms wide open and hair flailing in the wind. While I don’t have an addiction to getting magazines every grocery trip, sometimes they call to me and I answer.
A few other things I’m loving right now:
1.This Lightbox from Michaels. A little reminder goes a long way.
2. Peppermint essential oil. I’ve been heating up a my shoulder warmer from Flax Reflax (see it here) and then adding this peppermint oil at night or while reading a book. Peppermint will wake you right up and open your airways and for me, helps me relax.
3. Merry Christmas cards from TJ Max. Sending out Christmas cards this week!
4. The book, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck. I am one chapter deep and I can’t stop thinking about everything Mark Manson has written. He is brilliant and he has flipped everything I think about “caring” on its backside and given me a run for my money. On a scale of 1 to 10 of if you should go out and get it now (mind you only 1 chapter in), it is a STAT. Get it now, thank me later!
5. Purple paring knife. I have been eating so many more vegetables lately. Ever since the 2016 Retreat in Vermont, where we stayed at a 100-year old barn, turned retreat center and ate hand prepared, organic and vegan food. I detoxed while I was there and came home and continued to insert more vegetables in my meals. The act of choosing to eat more whole, real foods and preparing the vegetables and thinking of new ways to cook them…has altered my relationship with food. I get so caught up in my work that I normally just would eat something fast, easy and somewhat healthy but lately, I have been making small but significant changes at really aiming more and more towards whole foods as much as possible. I love the idea of having a special little knife for myself for the smaller veggies.
6. Peppermint handwash from Meijer. I’m obsessed with peppermint this year. And Mrs. Meyer is one of my favorite kitchen counter sprays and hand washes. I got both.
- Sugar Lipbalm. The best lip balm flavor ever.
- Mags. These magazines called my name. One is about Adventure in 2017 (The O Mag) while the other is a guide to organizing your spaces in your home (Good Housekeeping Mag), both of which I’m all about right now.
Find where you can get these fierce picks below!
What are you loving right now and is there anything on this list that you are going to pick up? Comment below, I’d love to hear from you!
Merry Christmas cards from TJ Max | Peppermint Essential Oil | Heidi Swapp Lightbox (on sale now!) | The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck book (so fucking good) | Purple paring knife | Mrs. Meyer Peppermint handwash and counter spray | Sugar lip balm