This week I shared about how I’ve been wanting to do more of the things that bring me joy. Do things that feel fun and true for me in this stage of my life right now. I made a list (always easier to find your answers by making a list) and one of the things I wrote down was baking more! I decided to take the reigns and dive right in.
I used to bake all the time and try to come up with healthier recipes and ways to eat balanced. I thought about all the cookies I could make and peanut butter cookies were the first ones that came to mind. As I was making the cookies and pressing a fork into the rolled out balls of dough, I realized how simple baking cookies is and how it brought me so much joy. It was like meditation, creating a new recipe and just being in the kitchen with some christmas music on and me and the ingredients.
Plus, these turned out so good and then adding a little white chocolate and sea salt was the cherry on top. If I had hershey’s kisses, these would be the best peanut butter blossoms.
Cookies just make you happy, don’t they! I’m planning on making these for the holidays and leaving them behind with family members and friends.
I hope you enjoy!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (may substitute another 1/4 cup honey and omit brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- *optional: sea salt, white chocolate chips or hershey’s to make pb blossoms
Makes 12 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray
- In bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and baking soda. mix well
- Add the egg, vanilla, peanut butter and honey. mix together until all ingredients incorporated
- Spoon out 12 cookies and roll into balls
- Press each ball twice with fork to flatten cookie (if making pb blossoms, don’t use fork, put hershey’s kiss on ball and press down)
- Add sea salt
- Bake for 8 minutes
- Cool cookies on wire rack
*Important: let cool before eating. cookies may seem crumbly when you transfer from sheet to wire rack.
- cookies can be freezed
- they’re awesome right out of the fridge!
- gluten free
NUTRITION IN 1 COOKIE
Protein 6g | Carbs 19g | Fat 11g
Total calories 192
does not include additional chocolate toppings