While banana bread and nutella together are not as notorious as B.I.G., once you try a slice of this heaven it’s going to be famous in your house.
“If life gives you lemons, have a banana.” Frank Wakefield
I have always loved banana bread. Going gluten free a year ago seemed daunting at first. I wondered if I’d ever be able to eat carbs again. Lucky for us gluten free people, there are so many alternatives to almost anything we want to eat.
I found this heavenly recipe through my aunt, Vanessa. We do yoga together every morning at 9am and since partnering with Wanderlust Yoga Festivals this year, she’s also been helping me prepare 6500 bracelets for their 2018 festivals. One day after yoga, I went to her place and she offered me this gluten free Banana Bread with nutella swirl.
I picked it up and instantly knew it was going to be delicious.
It had a soft and dense texture and look to it that is a sure sign of a great banana bread. After I took the first bite I knew I would have to recreate this recipe and share it with ya’ll! So here it is, enjoy.
gluten-free | healthier desert alternative
Make Banana Bread with Nutella Swirl
This is best the next day and can be stored at room temperature for 3 days.
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2.5 tbsp water) *may substitute for a whole egg
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut or white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1¼ cup almond flour *may substitute almond meal
- 1¼ cup gluten free oats
- ¼ cup nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare flax egg in mixing bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add banana and mash well with fork. You want this pretty smooth, less chunky.
- Add remaining ingredients through almond milk and whisk to combine. Add almond flour, gluten free flour and oats. Combine well.
- Pour into the pan and smooth with a spoon. Add the nutella swirl on top.
- Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes - 1 hour and 15 minutes. When done, it should be firm and golden brown on top.
- Let rest for 10 minutes in pan.
- Let completely dry before cutting or it will be too tender. It's awesome the next day!
- Store leftovers at room temperature for up to a few days. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.
Nutritional information: 1 slice 331 calories
A special thanks to my aunt Vanessa for sharing this recipe with me.
I hope you enjoyed this banana bread. If you’re making this or have made it, comment below what you think of it and feel free to share this recipe with the share links below!
Fierce and love,