Eating breakfast is so important. Many will wake up, grab their coffee and head straight to the work day without giving a second thought to breakfast. The reason it is so important is because your body has been fasting for the past eight hours of sleeping and when you wake first thing in the morning, your blood sugar levels are often lower for this very reason as well as the fact that cortisol is highest in the morning hours upon rising. To keep your blood sugar levels to a normal range and give your body the nutrition and energy to fuel your day, breakfast is essential. I love this breakfast sandwich that has natural ingredients and lean protein, healthy fats, complex carbohydrates and veggies!
What you need:
- one egg
- 2 chicken sausages | I use Al Fresco natural country sausage
- handful spinach
- 1 slice Food for Life ezekiel toast
- 1 ounce avocado
- 1 tbsp whipped cream cheese spread from Kraft Philadelphia
- oregano, pepper, Mrs. Dash seasoning (I used her onion & herb blend)
- cook egg and sausages together in same pan, spraying with extra virgin olive oil spray, adding the oregano, seasoning & spinach to top of egg
- put slice of bread in toaster and while that is toasting, flip egg and sausages
- put srirachi, whipped spread & avocado on toast first
- cut the sausages in half and add on top of avocado
- add the egg, cut in half and enjoy!
Have this for lunch or even dinner! | add any vegetables you want to your egg | feel free to use just egg whites in place of entire egg
Comment below what you would add to your breakfast sandwich! ENJOY!
This post was not sponsored by Food for Life, Kraft Philadelphia, Mrs. Dash, Srirachi or Al Fresco. Photos taken by Ashley Johns