No Bake Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Balls (Gut Healthy)
No bake are two words that always equal yummy goodness. No bake oatmeal bars, no bake cheesecake, no bake truffles and the list goes on!
Two weeks ago, I learned that my auto immune disease (I have Hashimoto’s) is being caused by having a “leaky gut.” I know, those two words didn’t ring as yummy as the other two words, “no bake” but as soon as I found out, I knew that I had a choice to make. I could continue having all these auto immune symptoms including: Hashimoto’s, hypothyroidism, restless leg syndrome, irritability, anxiety, sluggishness, forgetfulness, reynaud’s syndrome and so forth. Or, I could really work to understand what my body is telling me and to find the root cause, which, my doctor and I agree, is gut health. To make a long story short and get back on track with these healthy “gut balls,” I have been gluten free for two weeks and am working to continue my efforts for gut health.
The fact is, most of us are not healing our gut and our gut health is where most all auto immune diseases and issues occur from. So whether you get what I’m throwing down or you just want the recipe for these amazing no bake balls, you are going to dig these as a new healthy snack to toss in a cooler for a roadtrip, to eat when you feel like something sweet or to just get a bite of chocolatey goodness! Enjoy.
If you love no bake as much as me, comment below if you will be trying these!
vegan | dairy free | gut healthy
- ½ cup almond flour (Bob's Redmill)
- 1 cup gluten free oatmeal (Bob's Redmill)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp black chia seeds
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup almond butter (may sub peanut butter)
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life brand-dairy free)
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Add the honey, almond butter and chocolate chips. Stir. Roll dough into 20 balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Put in fridge for 1 hour or until chilled. Enjoy!
This recipe was created by Ashley Johns