If you’ve been looking for the perfect healthy snack, look no further, these Pumpkin Protein Muffins are it! Not only are they super simple to make, they’re versatile. Take them with you on-the-go, on a road trip or eat as a pre or post workout quick bite. And if you get a sweet tooth and are watching your calories, add a dollop of cool whip on top, a shake of nutmeg and you’re golden!
Pumpkin is loaded with vitamins and minerals, is anti-inflammatory and helps alkalize the bodies pH levels.
When I started eating healthier years ago, finding nutritious and healthy snacks was always a challenge. And when I got diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Disease last year and removed all gluten from my diet, that added another interesting challenge! The thing is, I’m resilient when it comes to most things, especially my health. I started experimenting in the kitchen more over the past year and after losing 20 pounds, I know that nutrition is such a huge part of the puzzle. And with stress management, toxin management and overall wellbeing, diet will always be something we can control in our lives!
I created these gluten free muffins with higher protein and healthy fats to be a staple not only in the Fall, but year round. They remind me of the seasons because of their festiveness. Plus, you can stock up on pumpkin cans in the fall to use all year!
Gluten Free | Protein Packed
Pumpkin Protein Muffin Recipe
For busy, healthy babes looking for a snack you can take anywhere!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 -14 oz- can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1.5 scoops vanilla protein powder of your choice
- Cinnamon to taste (I personally love cinnamon, so I load it up!)
- Pumpkin pie spice to taste
- Optional: if you have collagen peptides, you can put 2 scoops in this recipe for added protein and benefits (another post on collagen to come in the near future!)
- Preheat oven to 350, spray 12 muffin cups with non stick cooking spray
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add mix to muffin cups
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown
- Remove from pan onto a cooking rack to cool!
Macronutrients in one muffin
109 calories | fat 3 grams | carbs 13 grams | protein 7 grams
Have you been on a health journey or just starting yours? Comment below and if you love this recipe, pin and share it below!