Garlic has always been one of my favorite foods and when I discovered how to make roasted garlic, it blew regular garlic out of the water. It’s like garlic in power mode.
This roasted garlic is seriously so good even vampires would love it! In a quick 5 minutes, you’ll be popping your garlic cloves into the oven to roast like a boss.
When I started writing this post and learning more about the benefits of eating garlic, I decided to start making it a daily habit. It’s easy to prep a week’s worth of garlic ahead of time and add it to your eggs, your salad and even your veggies at dinner.
But first, let’s talk about the benefits of garlic.
Benefits of garlic
Garlic is an herb and part of the onion family.
It’s so good for you even Hippocrates used it medicinally to treat people back in the day. Used throughout history by Egyptians, Babylonians, Greeks, Romans and the Chinese, garlic has been and is clearly, highly coveted!
- It’s super nutritious and has hardly any calories
- Its active compounds can reduce blood pressure
- It contains antioxidants and improves cholesterol levels
And many more!
So let’s get this party started. Here’s how you make roasted garlic, it’s super simple and you can add it to anything.
- Set oven at Bake, 350 degrees
- Spray baking sheet with coconut or olive oil spray
- Take a large clove of garlic, chop the top so you can see the cloves
- Place on backing sheet, spraying top with olive oil spray
- Place in oven for 15 minutes or until fully roasted
- Smash cloves with flat side of knife and enjoy!
The smell of roasted garlic is so amazing, you’re going to know when it’s time to pull it out of the oven because the aroma will fill your home!
Here are some ways to use your roasted garlic.
Roasted Garlic Snacks
Here are some ideas of how to use roasted garlic:
+ put it on a cracker, add avocado, chopped spinach and cherry tomatoes
+add it into veggies for dinner
+chop it and put it on top of your salad
+make homemade garlic hummus
Are you excited to try this, comment below. And don’t miss the VitaminP Newsletter signups below to join the community!