I made this Spicy Enchilada Soup Recipe the week before committing to a 30 day Vegetarian Challenge with my husband. I made it with chicken and you will see that that is optional for this recipe. In the middle of winter, it is a hearty soup, with a spicy kick. Enjoy and be sure to comment below how you liked it! Feel free to share this recipe on Pinterest or with your friends and family with share buttons below.
- 4 chopped red potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can organic enchilada sauce
- 1 box chopped tomatoes (I like Pomi brand)
- 1 can, drained jalapeno peppers
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: chicken, other peppers (saute’ with onion & garlic), cayenne
- In large soup cooking pot, saute’ chopped onions and garlic with a tsp of coconut oil. When slightly brown, add all ingredients and cook until soup comes to a boil.
- Take a 1 cup measuring container and take it through the soup until you get onions and red potatoes in the measuring cup. Blend until pureed and add back to soup. Mix well. Add cooked chicken now until warm and enjoy! (if you want it more soupy and less chunky in consistency, try 2 cups of the base to blend)
Additional toppings: sliced avocado, sprouts, cilantro
Recipe created by Ashley Johns