Every year our nation celebrates our football athletes with an all day and into the evening party! Americans love football and the traditional foods that accompany the event! From fried chicken wings, to chips and dip and let’s not forget the beer! So how will you survive a Super Bowl Party? Depending on the nutritional program you are on, here are several tips to make it through without derailing your health and the goals you have already achieved! THIS PERTAINS TO ANY PARTY!!!
1. Prepare yourself. There is nothing holding you back from eating but it’s what you eat that can hold you back from your progress! So get your mind in the game! Revisit your vision board; think about where you want to be by summer! Wear your Limitless Bracelet and look at your intention!
2. Bring your own food and snacks. Let’s face it; no one wants to just hover over the complimentary veggie tray all day! Choosing celery and hummus is certainly a smart choice but your eyes keep wandering to the wings and other greasy, fat snacks so bring a tray full of smart choices. Check out my ‘FIERCE FOOD’ Recipes for ideas of great healthy eats! You will find some great ideas on my website! Or see below for some great ideas of what to take!
3. Wear skinny, tight jeans! Have you ever noticed if you wear tight jeans you just can’t eat as much? If you have to lie down on your bed to sip them up do it! You will be grateful that you did because you will not have the room to over eat! Don’t forget to wear your Limitless Bracelets with stacks.
4. Eat before you go! No one ever said you have to eat all of the food there. Make a healthy meal right before you go and bam! You won’t be tempted to over indulge. Go ahead, if you want a wing or two have them, use a small amount of the blue cheese dressing. If you feel compelled to have additional appetizers just watch how many you have. Moderation is King.
5. Hydrate! Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and full. Feeling full, like wearing skinny jeans will help you avoid all the junk food.
6. What to Sip – Cocktails…ok, this is really a difficult choice. If you can abstain, do it. Alcohol converts to sugars so think about the fact you are drinking sugar. If you really must have a cocktail, make your own. I would suggest taking some sparkling water, or perhaps make your own wine sparklers. If you are going to have beer, choose a beer that is very low in calories and carbs. Vodka/Tonic anyone?
7. What to Dip – Salsa is the best dip around. It is uber healthy with the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño’s and whatever other goodness is packed in. Instead of dipping chips, try jicamma or other veggies, or if you can resist, bring a bag of organic, whole wheat or blue corn chips. You can also check out a great recipe for Kale Chips under Sexy Snacks. Check out below what I brought to our last get-together with friends. It was a hit!
8. Half time activities. They are marching on the field so you could march around the block. There is absolutely no rule that says you have to sit, stand or stay every minute! Talk a quick walk around the block. Slip into the bathroom and do a few calf raises, body squats or lunges. Get Fierce on your party! It just might help you knowing that you did something to thwart off the desert you just had!
9. Inspire. You never know whose life you might change when they see the healthy plate of snacks you have chosen. Perhaps you will meet a new friend so exercise and engage in conversation! You might even find a new work out buddy!
10. Have FUN! Above all, have fun. Breathe, relax and enjoy the occasion!
Ten ideas for Football Foodies! No one needs a recipe, just Google;)
1. Turkey Chili
2. Shrimp Cocktail
3. Chicken Skewers
4. Steak Bites
5. Endive, fig, walnut and blue cheese bites YUM!!!
6. Figs bites with Feta cheese and bacon bites
7. Fruit and cheese tray
8. Slider wraps
9. Chips: Sweet Potato and Kale Chips
10. Tomato, basil, mozzarella bites
BRING FIERCE INTO THE PARTY & HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!