The birds are chirping, the sun is out and I FEEL ALIVE!!!
I can’t tell you how much winter weighs my mood down. I have been waiting for a day like this. It’s in the 40s and it’s amazing out!!!
It really does change you, having the sun beat down on you and hearing the birds chirping. Kind of like walking away from a really amazing workout. You’ve pushed yourself harder than you thought you could and your endorphins are screaming happy thoughts. You just feel more alive than you did before you started the workout.
This workout does that for me. I created it to KICK MY BUTT because as you know, I have a wedding coming up in September:) and a Tough Mudder even closer than that, in May that I have to prepare for. On top of that, I’ve added a Color Run with a friend. It’s a 5k and is after the Tough Mudder so it won’t be alot of preparing for that besides running but they blast you with colored powdered sugar throughout the run (I think it’s powdered sugar) and just looks like a blast!
I CHALLENGE YOU. Oh yes!!! To this workout. I’m performing it twice per week and for 4 weeks. Then, to keep my body guessing, I will switch up the tempo, exercises and reps to shock my body once again. Trust me, it’s shocked after 1 set of this!WARNING: This is not only a physically demanding workout but a mental one too that will push you into most likely feeling like you will need to stop. I URGE YOU to take this slow and WORK YOUR WAY UP. If you can only perform two sets on the first attempt, so be it, that is something to gauge your progress with. I’m always telling my clients and you all to take progress pictures, measurements and FOCUS on the day to day efforts. Lastly, good luck! :)
5 sets. 20 reps every exercise. Find your weight, I will tell you mine below but watch yourself progress week to week, workout to workout. At rep 15, you should be feeling like it’s very challenging but still be able to perform the full 20 reps without breaking form. Rest for 1 minute after your sprints or stairmill sprints.
- 20 bench press i used 25lbs each hand
- 20 squats with db at heart held by both hands. face & chest up, inhale way down, exhale way up. i used 25 lb. dumbbell
- 20 tricep extensions i used cable machine and 50 lb.
- 20 close grip pulldowns on cable machine i used 70 lb.
- 20 rear delt rope pulls on cable machine i used 50 lb.
- 20 alternating walking lunges no weight
- 2 1 minute sprints. walk 1 minute moderate pace in between both sprints. OR to switch it up go on Stairmill and sprint (i did level 16 with hands on hips) for 1 minute, put level down to 3 then walk for 1 minute then 1 more 1 minute sprint at same level. Do not use the hand bars to pull yourself up the stairs, but to start on the stairmill and find your level of fast paced sprinting, keep your hands up but do your best to keep them not gripped on the bars. Use them for balance until you get the hang of it. DO NOT do a level 16 if you have never used the stairmill. Find YOUR personal *uncomfortable zone;)
rest 1 minute then repeat 4 more times for total of 5. you should be going HARD the entire time, going back to back on exercises and not resting until that 1 minute after 1 completed set.
When I get done with a workout, I use this to prevent breakouts. I got it from Bed, Bath & Beyond, works awesome to remove sweat and dirt and is portable!