Welcome to the Fierce Forward Book Club! My gramps instilled in me the drive to always be learning. He would read daily and was a great cook as well. He created a local teaching center that he spoke and taught at called Forever Learning. I begin the 2016 book club with all of those who have inspired us to learn and to ourselves who are here right now, with fresh eyes, ready to absorb.
I would like to introduce you to FF Ambassador and Book Club Leader for the months of Jan & Feb, Tanya Dickey Brettin. Tanya will post a general discussion each week to open up the reading and learning! She also has another idea to KICK START month #1 which she will post about!! There will not be a set structure for what chapters to read, just that you finish each book by month’s end. A couple of things to note below:
- JANUARY BOOK #1 IS: Big Magic! by Elizabeth Gilbert (see below for all 2016 books)
- Because January has already begun, feel free to pick this book up at Target or B&N or online Amazon does fast shipping
- You are welcome at any time to post within this group about your discoveries and anything about the course readings that you want to discuss!
- This week, I will be posting a file to this group page for your reference with all 12 books so you can decide which books you will get and take part in and so you can pre order to be ready. If at any time you want to read your own book on the side in a month you aren’t jazzed about the reading, please do so!
- The mission of the books for the next 12 months will be a mixture of different types, all books that tap into our Fierceness in mind, body and spirit whether that be self discovery, a biography or humor
- Please feel free to add anyone you want and to share this book club on your timelines or with your friends!
Have fun and never stop learning!! The Fierce Forward Book Club ran throughout 2016 and was an amazing experience for so many of you. Join the Fierce Forward Tribe to stay in the loop of all things Fierce and new!
The FF Book Club List
January Book: Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
February Book: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
March Book: The Power by Rhonda Byrne
April Book: The Power of Less by Leo Babauta
May Book: Yes Please! by Amy Poehler
June Book: Life in Motion by Misty Copeland
July Book: The Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz
August Book: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
September Book: For Today I Am a Boy by Kim Fu
October Book: The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene’ Brown
November Book: I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
December Book: What I Know for Sure by Oprah Winfrey